Farmer, Processor, Roaster, Q Grader, SCI Instructor, SCA Professional and Consultant
The Founder, Raj Kumar Banjara, PhD is an awardee of Nepal Bidhya Bhusan ‘Ka’ Medal, the highest level of Academic medal conferred by the Rt Hon. president of Nepal. He is the first licensed coffee Q Grader of Nepal who has been working in different sectors of coffee including growing, processing, roasting and export; all of which, cultivated his understanding of what a good quality coffee should be.
He has experience working effectively within local communities, international organizations, and government officials specially in the sector of sustainability initiatives, international coffee supply & value chain activities, coffee quality improvement and international trade. He has provided training & consultancy services for many coffee enterprises, cooperatives and farmers.
He has worked with public and private sector coffee industry stakeholders to increase the value of coffee trade through improvements in capacity development, and market access for high-value specialty coffee.
He is a strong leader with demonstrated ability to work effectively with farmers, local communities, entrepreneurs as well as international communities and senior government officials. He is persistent and flexible in order to find mutually beneficial achievements.
Dr. Banjara is an executive board member of Nepal Tea and Coffee Development Board (NTCDB) and Nepal Coffee Federation (NCF). He has been nominated as the president of National Coffee Academy (NCA); member of Specialty Coffee Association (SCA), and International Society of Organic Agriculture Research (ISOFAR)
Coffee Related Experiences
- Host SCA Brewing Intermediate and Professional – 2019
- Host Cum Facilitator – CQI Coffee Processing level 1 with Ms Emma Sage – 2019
- Principal Trainer, Coffee Production and Quality Management – 2018 (Nepal Tea and Coffee Development Board (NTCDB) Regional Office Pokhara, Nepal)
- Lead Consultant, Pre Q Cup Tasting Training Program – 2018 (Organized by EU funded Hamro Coffee Project and National Coffee Producers Association)
- National Senior Expert, National Coffee Cupping Even- 2018 (Organized by Nepal Tea and Coffee Development Board (NTCDB); Ministry of Agricultural Development (MoAD); Ministry of Commerce (MoC) in association of EU-TPSD Project)
- Technical Committee Member for 2017 – 2018 National Skill Testing Board, Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT)
- Effects of Organic Farming on the Livelihood of Small Holders in Nepal
- Economic Impact Of Organic Farming; Cases From The Farmers Of Nepal – Published by – Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, UK
- Participatory Guarantee Systems (PGS) As Alternative To Third Party Organic Certification For Farmers In Nepal Published by – The International Journal of Humanities & Social Studies, India
- Sustainable Model Of Organic Agriculture Published by – Journal of Advanced Academic Research (JAAR), Nepal
- Principles Of Organic Agriculture And Its Social Implication In Reference To The Nepalese Practices Published by – Int’l Journal of Sociology of Agriculture and Food (IJSAF), UK
- Implication Of Diffusion Model In The Process And Practices Of Organic Farming In Nepal Published by – New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research